Nov 16, 2018
Did you know that children laugh an average of approximately 300
times a day, while adults only laugh approximately 17 times a
day? It's no wonder so many adults feel stressed and burned
out. Humor should be a part of everyone's healthy self care
program, simply for the benefits it provides.
There are some great things about laughter.
- Laughter is contagious.
- Laughing burns calories. It's often called internal
- Laughter is cross-cultural. You don't even have to speak
the same language to enjoy a laugh together.
The are many positive benefits of humor for the mind.
- Regulates cortisol and epinephrine, which are stress
- It boosts your immune system
- Increases endorphins, which reduce pain and provide feelings of
- Effects dopamine levels that regulate mood, motivation, and
So for your own benefit, laugh a little more!
Today's episode is a re-release of a favorite
episode of our listeners. We hope you enjoyed it as much the second
time as you did the first time. There will be some brand new
episodes coming in January, 2019, so stay tuned!
Until then, don't forget to visit our website
for the weekly articles on self
care, advance care planning, caregiving, and hospice.